James Bond is a legendary character. The martini. The casinos. The high tech toys. And of course, some of the greatest villains on the big screen. But what we really look forward to when we turn on a Bond flick is the women. Bond seduced and was seduced by an endless list of sexy, smart and irresistible women (with fantastic names) portrayed by equally exciting actresses. There are too many to choose just 5 so we’re splitting the films up between the classic and the modern Bond films. Here are 5 of our favorites from the Classic Bond era.
1. Ursula Andress as Honey Ryder, Dr. No. The first ‘official’ Bond girl of the films, her entrance scene, emerging from the sea singing “Underneath the Mango Tree” is a Bond classic.
2. Shirley Eaton as Jill Masterson, Goldfinger. The first Bond girl to be killed off. She was a paid companion of Goldfinger, but she assured Bond her relationship with him was “strictly professional.”
3. Eunice Gayson, Sylvia Trench, Dr. No and From Russia With Love. Although her appearances are brief, they are memorable, and it is this character who initiated the famous Bond introduction. When Bond asked her name, she replied, Trench. Sylvia Trench. His response, mimicking hers, became one of his most well known trademarks.
4. Barbara Bach, Anya Amasova, The Spy Who Loved Me. Without a doubt, one of the sexiest Bond Girls. Barbara Bach became an instant international sex symbol after appearing in For Your Eyes Only.
5. Honor Blackman, Pussy Galore, Goldfinger. The oldest actress to play a Bond girl, Honor was 36 during the filming of Goldfinger, while Connery himself was only 34. Of course that doesn’t stop her from being consistently ranked in the top Bond Girls of all time.
Claudine Auger as Domino in Thunderball is my all time favorite of all the Bond girls.(any era) Her omission I consider a personal affront and if this was 1800's France I would slap your face with a white glove. Great list otherwise.
Jill St John. I was 7 or 8 when I saw Diamonds are forever in a drive in. I still can't forget that cassette tape!
Lana Wood (Diamonds are Forever).
Britt Ekland (The Man With The Golden Gun).
Daniela Bianchi (From Russia With Love).
Jill St. John (Diamonds Are Forever).
Blowhard is right about Diana Rigg, but wrong about On Her Majesty's Secret Service being a terrible movie.
The hot Asian actress Akiko Wakabayashi from You Can Only Live Twice. All around best Bond movie ever.
''There are two many to choose just 5 so we’re splitting the films up between the classic and the modern Bond films. Here are 5 of our favorites from the Classic Bond era.''