Maria Bamford Explains Her Time In A Psych Ward

Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 11.38.08 PM

The wonderfully weirdly brilliant Maria Bamford was on Jimmy Kimmel Live on Wednesday night, talking about her series, Lady Dynamite which portrays life in a psych ward. Bamford, who has spent some time inside psychiatric facilities tried to explain what it was like to really be in an institution. “Psych wards are as if an art director came in and said, let’s break some more chairs. Lets take pieces of the puzzle out of all the puzzles. And let’s put a line of six people waiting for a little sack of graham crackers in electric green gripper socks.”

Bamford also recently got married to a painter she met a few years ago on dating website OK Cupid. She said she and her husband were a 98% match, at least profile-wise.  The other 2% came from the fact that she is, in fact, a racoon.

Please watch Lady Dynamite on Netflix, and if you start out a little confused, hang in there. It’s like nothing you’ve ever seen before.

Watch more late night tv comedy clips.