Jeffrey Tambor Out, But Not Going Quietly From Transparent

It’s official, has been booted from his starring role in the boundary crushing, award-winning, game-changing series, Transparent, and he’s not going quietly.

Amazon confirmed on Thursday that Jeffrey Tambor has been fired from the hit original series. Tambor has always denied the allegations, first leveled publically in November 2017.  Tambor became a part of the #metoo conversation when his assistant asserted that he had acted inappropriately with her, and subsequently, an actress who appeared on the series in a guest role accused him of making sexually charged remarks, and pressing up against her pushing his penis against her.

Show executives reacted immediately, and rumors they could write Tambor out of the series were reported. Tambor himself stated he was going to step away from the series- not because he admitted to wrongful behavior, but because he said he didn’t want the show’s reputation to be damaged in the current socio-political environment. But a month later Tambor recanted his decision and no official move had been made or announced by Amazon until this week when series creator Jill Soloway released a statement pledging respect and admiration for the two women who spoke out against Tambor- Van Barnes and Trace Lysette. Soloway praised their courage in speaking out about their experiences, calling it “an example of the leadership this moment in our culture requires.”  She continued, “we are grateful to the many trans people who have supported our vision for Transparent since its inception and remain heartbroken about the pain and mistrust their experience has generated in our community. We are taking definitive action to ensure our workplace respects the safety and dignity of every individual, and are taking steps to heal as a family. ”

Tambor reacted swiftly to the news expressing “profound disappointment” in Amazon’s handling of the accusations. “I am even more disappointed in Jill Soloway’s unfair characterization of me as someone who would ever cause harm to any of my fellow cast mates,” he said. “In our four-year history of working together on this incredible show, these accusations have NEVER been revealed or discussed directly with me or anyone at Amazon. Therefore, I can only surmise that the investigation against me was deeply flawed and biased toward the toxic politicized atmosphere that afflicted our set.”  Tambor continued to express that he does not believe he behaved in a sexually inappropriate manner, and expressed deep regret if his actions were misinterpreted.  “I also deeply regret that this ground-breaking show, which changed so many lives, is now in jeopardy. That, to me, is the biggest heartbreak.”

No information has been offered regarding the show’s future without Tambor or how his departure will be handled on screen.

Read more comedy news.