Seeso, NBCUniversal’s comedy streaming platform that launched earlier this year, has made a big mark in the short time that it’s been around. The platform has a host of original shows that feature some very funny comedic voices, like Big Jay Oakerson’s What’s Your F@%king Deal, Jonah Ray’s Hidden America with Jonah Ray and Bajillion Dollar Propertie$. The platform is now wading into the world of comedy festivals — well, sort of.
On Wednesday afternoon, Seeso announced that it will be hosting its first annual Stand-Up Streaming Fest, a 12-week stretch in which the platform will debut various original stand-up specials and new series, featuring over 90 comedians, each week. The streaming fest will begin on October 20th and end on January 5th.
One such special (and one of the biggest productions of the fest) is Schtick or Treat: Halloween Stand-Up Special. This showcase special, hosted by Matt Ruby (MTV’s Girl Code) and Mark Normand (Tuesdays with Stories), is an annual tradition in New York City that’s a blast, with comics “dressing up” as their favorite comics. It’s more of a night of impressions with younger comics showing up in droves to impersonate those who came before them. It’s always been a huge event for up and comic comedians to just let loose and have fun, and it’s packed to the brim with up-and-coming talent. Airing on October 27th, Schtick or Treat: Halloween Stand-Up Special will feature performances from Matteo Lane, Myq Kaplan, Amber Nelson, Nick Vatterott, Julio Torres, Anthony Kapfer, Jordan Temple, Jim Tews, Justin Williams, Dina Hashem, Maria Wojciechowski, and more.
On top of Schtick or Treat, the fest will feature new specials from Janeane Garofalo, Joey CoCo Diaz, Brian Posehn, Jena Friedman, Aries Spears, Dan Levy, Nick Thune, Ian Harvie, Mo Mandel, Laurie Kilmartin, Joe Matures, Lachlan Patterson and a few others. Seeso has outdone itself this time, and that’s without even touching on the fact that shows like The Guest List and Funny as Hell are making a return as well (nevermind, just did it, also hell yes!)
The amount of content that Seeso has had to produce in order to make this event last 12 weeks is staggering, which is great news for comedy fans. Rather than try and gush about all of the comedy that’s going to be gracing our presence next month (and for the rest of the year), I’ll just list it all below. Check it out, there’s something in there for everyone!
- Jena Friedman’s “AMERICAN CUNT” (Premieres October 20)
- “THE GUEST LIST”: Hosted by Irene Tu, Featuring Cameron Esposito, Rhea Butcher, Matt Braunger, Steve Byrne and Harrison Greenbaum (Premieres October 20)
- Janeane Garofalo’s “IF I MAY” (Premieres October 27)
- “SCHTICK OR TREAT: HALLOWEEN STAND UP SPECIAL” Hosted By: Mark Normand and Matt Ruby, Featuring Adam Mamawala, Nick Vatterott, Amber Nelson, Robert Dean, Myq Kaplan, Julio Torres, Anthony Kapfer, Brett Druck, Katie Hannigan, Jordan Temple, Carolyn Castiglia, Jim Tews, Justin Williams, Doogie Horner, JP McDade, Matteo Lane, Dina Hashem, Maria Wojciechowski, Robbie Goodwin, Andy Pitz, Tyler Fischer, Jeff Wesselschmidt, Eli Sairs and Joel Walkowski (Premieres October 27)
- Mo Mandel’s “NEGATIVE REINFORCEMENT” (Premieres November 3)
- “THE GUEST LIST”: Hosted by DJ Real, Featuring Mike Lawrence, Maeve Higgins, The Sklar Brothers and Sam Morril (Premieres November 3)
- “ADD PRESENTS: TYREE ELAINE” (Premieres November 10)
- “ADD PRESENTS: ROBERT POWELL” (Premieres November 10)
- Dan Levy’s “LION” (Premieres November 17)
- “TURNT UP” Hosted by Eliza Skinner and Josh Silverstein, Featuring Jessica McKenna, Demi Adejuyigbe, Nicole Parker, Matt Geiler, Ross Bryant and Marshall Givens (Premiers November 17)
- An all-new exclusive stand-up special from Aries Spears (Premieres November 24)
- Joe Matarese’s “MEDICATED” (Premieres December 1)
- Lachlan Patterson’s “LIVE AT VENICE BEACH” (Premieres December 1)
- “THE GUEST LIST”: Hosted by Casey Ley, Featuring Gilbert Godfrey, Chris Garcia, Alex Kroll, Janelle James and Sean Donnelly (December 8)
- An all-new exclusive stand-up special from Joey CoCo Diaz (Premieres December 9)
- “FUNNY AS HELL” Season Six, Hosted by John Dore, Featuring Mary Lynn Rajskub, Emo Philips, Sean Patton, Adam Newman, Thomas Dale, Liza Treyger, Sean Donnelly, Sam Morril, Byron Bowers, Kurt Metzger, Cameron Esposito, Eugene Mirman, James Davis, Aparna Nancherla, Bert Kreischer, Gina Yashere, Matt Braunger and Beth Stelling (Premieres December 15)
- An all-new exclusive stand-up special from Nick Thune (Premieres December 22)
- An all-new exclusive stand-up special from Ian Harvie (Premieres December 29)
- Laurie Kilmartin’s “45 JOKES ABOUT MY DEAD DAD” (Premieres December 29)
- An all-new exclusive stand-up special from Brian Posehn (Premieres January 2)
Go to seeso.com for details on how to sign up and get this trove of new content through January 2.
The following two tabs change content below.
Bill is a writer and comedy enthusiast from New York. An avid gamer and podcast fan, he strives to always toe the line between charming irreverence and grating honesty.