THIS WEEK ON THE FIVE: ALL TIME SCARIEST MOVIE MOMENTS
It’s that time of year again where we watch horror film marathons, put on zombie makeup, watch out for scary ghost monsters……and eat a few butterfingers forthe hell of it. Here are our five scariest moments in horror movie history:
- From 1973 and Director William Friedkin: The Exorcist: The scary crab walk down the stairs, added in the re-release was paralyzingly scary. If you haven’t seen it, check it out this year.
- From 2007 and Director OrenPeli: Paranormal Activity: The sheer terror of the moment when the sheets get blown off Katie and she gets dragged off the bed and into the hall, on a single camera shot. Blair Witch type terror at its best.
- From 1999 and Director M. Night Shyamalan: The Sixth Sense: This film is is best known for its smaller moments: the quick, jerky momentary scares. Best moment? When we first see the poisoned dead girl under the bed.
- From 2001 and Director Alejandro Amenabar: The Others: Every halloween film list should have at least one great ghost story, and thats what The Others brings: amazing ghost stories. Best moments here actually happen in the background.
- From 2002 and Director Gore Verbinski: The Ring: Most memorable moment? When a ghoulish and dripping wet Samara comes crawling out of the tv– literally bonechilling.